Aly Dixon is a marathon runner from Sunderland that has done good; from humble beginnings in the local running club to running for Team GB in the Rio Olympics! Aly has been British and English marathon champion twice, broken the women’s 50km world record on her first attempt and held the world record for the fastest 1/2 marathon dressed as a superhero, but she still holds winning the local Blaydon Races as one of her best achievements.
Sid and I got the chance to chat to her about the importance of the running club scene, how to make self-coaching deliver more and her favourite running books.
- From First to Last by Charlie Spedding
- Once a Runner by John L Parker Jnr
- Running with the Buffaloes by Chris Lear
- 26 Marathons by Meb Keflezighi and Scott Douglas
- Limitless: An Ultrarunner’s Story of Pain, Perseverance and the Pursuit of Success by Mimi Anderson
and look for the difference in catch in my before and after swim video below.